There has been a lot of focus on the aesthetics of the buttocks these days and many people feel that the shape and size of their bottom matter the most. Demand for butt enhancement has resulted in a number of effective options for improving the size, shape, contour and firmness of the butt.
Though many people know buttock enhancement by the name “Brazilian butt Lift”, the whole procedure is customizable to the requirements of the patient and aims at achieving beautiful and natural results to suit each patient’s goals.
Unlike the painless and inexpensive methods of butt enhancement creams and pills like Booty Maxx pills, buttock augmentation or gluteal augmentation is a surgical procedure done to enhance the size, shape and contour of the buttocks. This is done through buttock implants, fat grafting or many a times combination of the two.
Fat graft or transfer is a procedure that is growing in popularity and works by using the patient’s own fat to add natural-looking volume to the buttocks. It involves the transfer of fat from one area of the body into the tissues of the buttocks. This fat grafting procedure is sometimes referred to as “Brazilian Butt Lift”.
Butt implants are done with synthetic devices inserted into the buttock area for a dramatic increase in the volume. Butt implants are very rare in the United States and fat transfer is the most common means of buttock augmentation in the country.
Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- The procedure is usually performed under anaesthesia, but to transfer smaller volumes of fat, local anaesthesia may be done. You may be asked for an anti-nausea medication beforehand if you get sick with anaesthesia.
- The surgeon then uses liposuction to remove fat from the areas of your body such as stomach, hips and thighs. It involves making incisions in the skin and then using a tube, they remove fat from the body.
- The fat stores from your body are purified and readied for injection into your buttocks.
- The surgeon completes the injecting the processed fat into specific areas of the buttocks to create a more rounded and plumper look. They usually make 3-5 incisions around the buttocks for transfer of fat.
- Both liposuction and fat transfer incisions are closed up with necessary stitches. To minimize the risks of bleeding, the surgeon applies a compression garment against the affected areas.
Benefits of the Surgery
Unlike the other forms of surgery like silicone buttock implants, the Brazilian butt lift is touted for providing more natural-looking results while creating curviness around your buttocks.
It also helps curb certain issues such as sagging and shapelessness that sometimes occur with age. No more worrying about the figure imbalances that make you difficult to wear clothes comfortably. Additionally, the Brazilian butt lift has a lower risk of infection than silicone buttock implants.
Despite these benefits, there are some serious side effects to take into consideration.
Side Effects of Butt Lift Surgery
Though there are fewer risks compared to silicone buttock implant, this procedure has some serious side effects to consider-
- Loss of skin in the treated areas due to infection;
- Lumps under the skin suctioned or injected areas;
- Fat embolism in the heart or lungs which can be fatal.
Like any other cosmetic surgery, you have to take special care after this surgery. You will not be able to sit or sleep on your butt for 2 weeks after surgery, so you’ll need to sleep on your side or your stomach until the area is completely healed.
Your buttocks may be swollen for several weeks as you recover from the procedure. The effects of this surgery last up to several months to years. You may also need to take more than one procedure to achieve the exact results you desire.
When performed by a certified, experienced surgeon, you will have a better chance at a good outcome with Brazilian butt lift surgery. However, it is always better to talk to your surgeon regarding the outcomes as well as your medical history. They may recommend this procedure or something else that better suits your needs and body.